Friday, April 07, 2006

When Boredom Strikes...

I can't think of anything right now but Danny Sillada's Mystery of The Cross... I just saw that work in one art store in the SM Megamall... You can see that work through this link:http://philartnews.blogspot.com/(I can't upload tha freaking picture!)... Since we're in the Danny Sillada topic, might as well discuss about his works...

Paintings-
This is Danny Sillada's Garbage City...
Colored Pencil on paper...











If you ask my opinion about that picture... I can say... ummm... actually... i'm not the artsy type... and im a newbie on painting interpretation... I think it's what life is supposed to be... harsh and hopless... we only survive on hope... hope for a better future, hope for better life... and the products of hope are the things that keeps us going... I know I suck at interpreting that stuff... but just ride with it!

Danny Sillada's Behind the Mask I
Pancil and acrylic on canvas













The first time I saw this painting I was like "whoa, is this my work-to-be?!"... because the blood coming out from the eye hole shows that he feels pain behind that mask... and if you noticed the right part is transfroming to something else... meaning he is removing the mask... showing his true self... of all the works that Danny Sillada made, this is the work that I can really relate myself with...

BEHIND THE MASK
How can I hide this abysmal darkness,
this gnawing pain and misery inside…

How long will I put on the mask
and tell the world that my life is brimmingwith passion and meaning…
How long will I hold on to the lament of my soulamid the poignant forms and colors of my artwithout losing my sanity or my reason to live…
It is so cold in here…here…inside this shivering and orphaned soul…


No comments: